Archer A7 not detecting TP-Link CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-05 22:04:55
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20190810 rel.50990(5553)

Due to a modem replacement, and no longer being able to setup static IP addressing on it due to it being a rented ISP modem, I need to configure a TP-Link CPE210 to act as an access point.

Previously I set a static IP address for the AP and it worked fine using the modem, however the router doesn't seem to recognize anything is plugged in. The indicator light on the front works, but in the router status itself it is unable to recognize the CPE210. I set manual static addresses as well for this CPE210, but nothing indicates the router can see / utilize this. I've set the router itself as the gateway on the CPE210 to no avail. I've tried the router IP and the modem IP as gateway. I must be missing something but with these both being TP-Link devices is there any additional setup I may be missing? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 not detecting TP-Link CPE210
2024-02-05 22:11:41

@MoistTowlette 

Additional information:

I do see in the system log DHCP server event - Send offer IP 192.168.1.254 (static reserved IP for this specific MAC address) but it seems to send but never "initalize"

The CPE210 I cannot get into unless I directly connect  to the device. Router seems to be sending out the IP to the CPE210, but no traffic flows from there. Nothing new shows in the "Wired Clients" setting. 

CPE210 is now set to Dynamic IP, but with fallback of the 192.x.x.254 IP. 

Options