AVOID DECO P9

AVOID DECO P9

AVOID DECO P9
AVOID DECO P9
2024-02-16 20:52:11
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Anyone with deco p9 having buzzing sounds coming from their units?

Seems like a common issue.

There is a fix for it on google (changing capacitors).

Seems like in the forums all posts about it has been locked.

The affected units are V1 hardware units.  These were apparently fixed in the next version.  Still tp-link sells the v1 without conscience.

If you purchase a v1 p9, return it now!!

I made a reply to a post "MESH BUZZING NOISE" who first alerted me to the problem and "DAVID-TP" of tp-link commented:

"I did remember Deco P9-V1 has been end-of-life for quite a long time and all the P9 for sale should be V2 now"

I bought mine in dec.2022.  another poster bought a set in dec.2023.. both of us from tp-store amazon.  I guess one year is a LOOOOONG period of time!!

Anyway just alerting everyone to NOT BY DECO P9 V1 or RETURN THEM NOW IF POSSIBLE!

Options
3 Reply
Re:AVOID DECO P9
2024-02-18 10:13:29

@henhen59 I do not have any issue with my Deco P9 v1.

Options
2024-02-19 14:57:19

@yves_b 

Well, good for you.  You deserve a standing ovation.  I mean, the hope would be that not all units are defective(!), but the reality is that there are problems with the V1s that do not happen with  v2s (knock on wood).

So your comment is trying to prove that they didnt have to update/fix it?  That everyone else that complained were making it up?  That if someone does find a v1 P9 that they should buy it rather than get a v2 or later? 

Perhaps i should change the subject from "Avoid" to "Take a Chance"-- on a v1 P9 that even though tp-link has put it in its grave (probably because of its hardware issue).

Options
2024-02-19 15:24:04

@henhen59 

I believe you are making emotional statements based on few facts.
I simply wanted to submit a fact: several P9 v1 are working as expected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 3

Related Articles