Does the deco px50 support vpn server and client?

2024-02-16 22:26:03
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am looking to purchase the deco px50 for power line reasons. The devices I need connected via power line don't need an extremely fast speed.  However, I can't seem to get a straight answer with any sort of googling at all. Even looking here on the forums I'm so confused.

I want vpn server/client and I do see the regular x50 seems to have that feature. Does that mean the px50 does as well? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does the deco px50 support vpn server and client?
2024-02-18 01:55:32 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:58:12

@Sneakysssnake Unfortunately I can't say with 100% certainty but they all use the same app, and I saw some screenshots posted of people using it... and it had an advanced section which it is under, though I couldn't see the items under that section.

i don't see why it would not have that as you consider all these deco mesh nodes of different models all work with the others in one hive unit.. so I think they must all largely have the same core features. 

I have three x55's and an x-50 outdoor and the option is there for me. I will say I was just fooling with the vpn server just an hour or two ago and it did not work very great. I used openVPN, tcp and allowed local and also tested local and internet and although when I connected up I could get to the main gateway router using the internal ip... I could not talk to the other devices on the lan... and even the internet was like.. halfway working halfway not at all. Gave up messing with it after about 30-45 minutes. Now I was using the openVPN client on my phone to test so I don't know how another say, desktop client might work. So that was pretty bleh, maybe I'll test more later.

i was able to get the vpn client working fine (Nord) and I did like I could establish that connection at the router level and even better tell it to only tunnel certain client device traffic while leaving others out of the tunnel.

i notice the client vpn to Nord has stayed connected without having to reconnect but for me it's just not useful as I don't care to change region or anything on Netflix/tv's or similar and I would rather use the computer level client on things like my laptop and desktop since it is much quicker and easier to toggle on and off and has additional features like app kill switch and lan isolation etc.

but all depends on what your usage case for those features would be to determine how valuable or useful router level vpn tunneling would be for you.

TLDR; I'm almost positive it does have those features but I cannot confirm for you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 119

Replies: 1

Related Articles