DirecTV stream worked with modem/router combo but not Deco Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DirecTV stream worked with modem/router combo but not Deco Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:DirecTV stream worked with modem/router combo but not Deco Mesh
2024-02-28 11:54:33

@yves_b 

It is still working as of now. I'm fairly confident that fixed the issue. If any change I'll be sure to report back.

Options
2024-02-29 22:30:44 - last edited 2024-02-29 22:32:00

@yves_b 

So I have some more info to share. It happened again today BUT I believe it was caused by me this time. I was an hour away from home in Morgantown, WV and waiting what seemed like forever for my wife to come out of a store. I was just tinkering on my phone and opened the deco app. When I got home the stream device thought I was in Chicago, IL. I restarted the box...nothing. I restarted the deco system...nothing. I did this multiple times and kept playing with it but nothing worked, Chicago IL news was still playing. Then I went into Settings > System > Device Preferences > Location > Location Status and turned OFF use wifi to estimate Location.

It immediately started working after that change. We'll see long term if anything changes. I will report back and hope that this helps someone. I guess this P9 mesh system thought it was in Chicago because of maybe the cell phone tower my phone was connected to at the time I opened the deco app. It's a theory.

Options
2024-03-01 07:21:47

@Clent724 

"use wifi to estimate Location" was probably your problem since a while

I believe it relies on third parties that "know" the location of many wifi access points, monitor the wifi networks present around a device, and from that, estimate the location of the device.

Options