Unstable........

Unstable........

Unstable........
Unstable........
2024-02-25 15:33:14 - last edited 2024-03-21 12:58:01
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 20231226 rel 75366

Possibly I misunderstand the term "offline"? 

I have 31 devices "connected" (initially) and I realize devices that I have physically turned off (laptop; iPads; pinter) logically display as offline.

Yet several devices (up to 15 at times) are ON and CONNECTED and WORKING yet show up in the Offline Clients?

Why?

Secondly, several 2.4 GHz devices drop regularly and/or do not reconnect on their own after a reboot or power outage (Neato Botvac; Sengled Lighting Hub; Water Valve). I then spend literal hours trying to do simple reconnect and/or totally delete and start over. I had these same devices work flawlessly for years with a Netgear Orbi WiFi5 Triband Mesh (2 pack) prior to this 3-Pack Mesh WiFi6E. 

Very disappointing.

Network Optimization ALWAYS states PERFECT!

Features I've been advised to TURN OFF that might help:

Fast Roaming

OFDMA/MU-MIMO

UPNP

Nothing improved.

I recently created an IoT network to move my 7 Ring Cameras to in an attempt to "stabilize" this situation, to no avail.

This has become a weekly PITA!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

3/21/24

My ISP was down for three hours during which my entire LAN was not working!? There is no reason that I know of as to why my internal network was not communicating.

After internet was restored, and my LAN was still down, I rebooted the DECO. 

I have 31 devices and 17 were showing “offline” of which only 4 were truly offline? 8 items were WEMO wall plugs and switches, several Ring Cameras & 2 Chime Pro extenders, 2 Alexa devices and 1 was a lighting hub that is “wired” to a satellite. 

I waited 24 hours to see if DECO would stabilize - did not. 

Rebooted again and now most are reconnected yet voice commands to operate WEMO devices not working (although they now work via WEMO App) and still showing 9 devices offline - my iPhone and two lights that are connected and working.

This system is very frustrating, takes constant attention!

Should be flawless connectivity. WHY are stationary devices constantly dropping out and being displayed as offline whether they are connected or not - no logical reason for this to be happening. I have had a single router and a two-satellite system that ran these same devices for years without this much hassle.

I have had a Deco Senior Engineer access my network for 1 ½ hours - they could find no issues.

Suggested I move Ring devices to IoT network at 2.4 Ghz only - did that prior to this most recent incident where many of them still disconnected. WHY should I have to do this separate network when your recommended “connection preferences” defaults are AUTO? 

VERY flawed firmware.

What is wrong?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 0

Related Articles