Logging in to my router

Logging in to my router

Logging in to my router
Logging in to my router
2024-02-26 19:37:15
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200416 rel 72485(5553)

What is the difference between logging in to the router and logging in to the router using TP Link ID?

In the below screenshot, my login fails if I enter my admin password and click 'Login', but if I click on 'Login with TP Link ID' the screen changes and I enter my email address and my admin password and it accepts this login. I don't understand what the difference is?

Also, I can't change the router password if I use 'Administration' under 'System Tools' under the 'Advanced' setup tab, but, under the 'Basic' setup tab, if I click on my user name it takes me to a screen that displays my username and hidden password, if I then click on the box with a pencil in it, it let's me change my TP Link ID password with no problem. Again, not understanding this, is this the router password or not?

Thanks,

RouterNut

dde73a224c974a0c813a7c41ec3beb74

Options
2 Reply
Re:Logging in to my router
2024-02-27 03:15:59

@RouterNut 

Hi, one is the router local management password, one is password for TP-Link ID, they are different.

The local management password is usually admin by default, or created by yourself when you login the router at the first time, if you forget it, you could only reset the router to factory defaults by holding reset button until power LED flashing, then you could set up the router from scratch and create the local management password again.

Options
Re:Logging in to my router
2024-02-27 21:06:42

@Sunshine 

So it sounds like TP Link is a internet server computer from which I am remotely managing my router's settings, and, hence, the need for a separate username and password, correct?

Is there a way to save my router's settings prior to resetting my router's settings to its defalult values?

Thanks, Sunshine, for advice and your time,

RouterNut

Options