Using both AT&T Wifi and deco at the same time.

2024-03-03 22:44:34 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I need to configire the Deco X60

I have ATT fiber with modem/router combo (BGW210-700) and I would like to have both ATT WiFi and Deco WiFi running at the same time.

Deco main unit is connected directly to the AT&T modem/router combo.

What kind of configuration do I need to do to set up deco this way?

IP addresses for DHCP, wifi channels, or whatever lese?

Now, with just ATT running, I get IP addresses alocated in 192.168.1.xxx range.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using both AT&T Wifi and deco at the same time.-Solution
2024-03-04 20:36:53 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@YankoM,

With both running as routers, you would need to have two DHCP servers running, creating a Dual NAT - this would also not allow devices connecting to either Wi-Fi to see each other and would likely cause stability problems for devices across your entire network.

What you are looking for, is to run the Decos in AP Mode, which will remove the Routing functionality from the Decos, allowing your modem/router complete control over these functions such as addressing. Since many of the features of Deco, rely on being able to address the devices, you should read through this FAQ on the differences between router and AP mode. Many of the missing features would then need to be configured through the interface that AT&T provides for the gateway.

In AP mode you will still be able to configure the wireless settings to use a different SSID from the ATT Gateway, however keep in mind that having a mesh and non-mesh network may interfere with the seamless transitioning expected with mesh networks.

To setup the Decos in AP Mode see this FAQ: How to set up Decos in AP mode

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Using both AT&T Wifi and deco at the same time.-Solution
2024-03-04 20:36:53 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@YankoM,

With both running as routers, you would need to have two DHCP servers running, creating a Dual NAT - this would also not allow devices connecting to either Wi-Fi to see each other and would likely cause stability problems for devices across your entire network.

What you are looking for, is to run the Decos in AP Mode, which will remove the Routing functionality from the Decos, allowing your modem/router complete control over these functions such as addressing. Since many of the features of Deco, rely on being able to address the devices, you should read through this FAQ on the differences between router and AP mode. Many of the missing features would then need to be configured through the interface that AT&T provides for the gateway.

In AP mode you will still be able to configure the wireless settings to use a different SSID from the ATT Gateway, however keep in mind that having a mesh and non-mesh network may interfere with the seamless transitioning expected with mesh networks.

To setup the Decos in AP Mode see this FAQ: How to set up Decos in AP mode

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 88

Replies: 1

Related Articles