Archer AX3000 and Arris Touchstone TG2472: No Internet in Bridge Mode

2024-03-07 19:57:53
Tags: #Bridge
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20230831 rel.67466(5553)

Hi all,

I purchased an Archer AX3000 over a year ago and used it successfully for internet through ISP Silver IP in Chicago, IL, for over a year. It provided reliable gigabit up/down and the wifi strength and performance on 2.4 and 5.0 were both solid. The router acted as a standalone device (direct plug and play into the RJ45 wall outlet). I've since moved to North Carolina and am using Vyve Broadband as my ISP. Vyve provided an Arris Touchstone TG2472 modem/router combo, which is connected to an RG6 wall outlet running to the cable access point in the back of my house. The Arris Touchstone TG2472 has internal antenni and as such has pretty bad coverage in my home, and so I attempted to set the Arris Touchstone TG2472 to bridge mode and utilize my Archer AX3000 as the router. I called the ISP to confirm that they supported this configuration and set the Arris Touchstone TG2472 to bridge mode under the web admin page NAT settings. Once done, the Arris Touchstone TG2472 seemed to transition properly, as the wifi lights on the front of the modem switched off and I lost access to the admin webpage. Problem is, the Archer AX3000 ethernet light stayed orange and the router detects no ethernet connection on the admin webpage. I called the ISP back and they confirmed that the Archer 3000 should work with their Arris Touchstone TG2472 in bridge mode and I even supplied the MAC, etc. I've tried setting this up with their tech support team three times and every time it fails. Could someone let me know if I am missing a step somewhere?

The Arris Touchstone TG2472 LAN is set to 192.168.0.1 and I've included a picture of the Lan settings page with the Bridge Mode option selected before saving settings (as once I save, I'm booted from the admin web page and unable to access it without factory resetting the modem to take it out of brdge mode.)

The Archer AX3000 LAN is set to 192.168.1.1 and I selected the Dynamic IP option during set up but this did not work. As far as cabling goes, I have the patch cable going from Port 1 (recommended by the ISP) of the Arris Touchstone TG2472 to the WAN port of the Archer AX3000. The Archer AX3000 detects ethernet and works properly with the Arris Touchstone TG2472 in normal operating mode, but this obviously is not an ideal setup as I technically have 2 gateways running and am encountering double NAT, so I really want to make the bridge mode option work.

Any help would be appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX3000 and Arris Touchstone TG2472: No Internet in Bridge Mode
2024-03-08 03:18:00

@cfar89 

Hi,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Unplug your AX3000 router from the ISP modem, connect your PC directly into the modem to verify the Internet status of your ISP.

2. Reboot the ISP Modem and the Router, you must firstly power on the Router, once the router's fully powered on, power on the modem.

3. If your PC has Internet when connected to the modem, but the Router still doesn't, please go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Mac Clone to clone the mac address of your PC. This FAQ contains detailed instructions of Mac Clone: How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router?2264

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 1

Tags

Bridge
Related Articles