Connecting Remotely

Connecting Remotely

Connecting Remotely
Connecting Remotely
2024-03-08 18:02:27
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We setup the router in my sister-in-law's home so that we could access and control it remotely. Using the Tether App, when I try to access it the app asks me to set it up as if it was a new istall. How do I accees the device as it had been set up so I could work on it when we were away. Now that I need to access it - no joy.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting Remotely
2024-03-11 07:36:07

@Kompukraft 

For the TP-Link routers that support cloud management, you could register a TP-Link ID and bind your router to the TP-Link ID to manage it remotely via Tether App. Here's how you can do it:

1. Launch the Tether App and create a TP-Link ID. If you already have an existing TP-Link ID, log in using your credentials.

2. Connect your phone to the Wi-Fi network of your TP-Link router and login the router locally via the Tether App

3. If you see a pop up message of reminding you to bind your device to a TP-Link cloud account, just click Bind Now. Or go to Tools/More > TP-Link ID page to bind it.

4. Once the binding process is successful, you will be able to manage your router remotely using the Tether app from anywhere, as long as your phone has an internet connection.

Note: If your router is working on Access Point mode and you cannot see the option, please switch it back to router mode first to bind it to a TP-Link ID and then switch it to Access Point mode again.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 127

Replies: 1

Related Articles