Deco not working after internet outage resolved

2024-03-09 17:20:27

Hello,

I purchased a kit of 3 "TP-Link Deco AXE5300 Wi-Fi 6E Tri-Band Whole-Home" back in December.

The setup was a breeze and it worked way better than our previous wifi router, UNTIL...

Yesterday, there was an internet outage for a few hours. After the internet provider said the service was back it was still not working through wifi, but I slept on it.

This morning I had a more detailed look:

I rebooted our modem, and connecting to it via LAN, it works perfectly.

The Deco app would still say that deco was not connected to the internet. So I took the following steps:

* reset all units to factory settings

* unplug all units

* re-do a setup from scratch was a single deco unit.

The setup itself goes fine, with the wifi network being created. But the deco keeps saying it has no internet access. I switched the ethernet cable connecting modem-computer to modem-deco, without success. It feels like the ethernet ports on the deco are just not working??!!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is frankly very suprising and frustrating. It went from an awesome product to "what the cow" is happening here?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco not working after internet outage resolved
2024-03-09 17:50:40

@ARames 

Well, after trying a clean setup for the 3rd time, somehow it worked. Maybe something was timing wrong between the deco and my modem.

I'll come back to advise if something goes wrong again.

I'll treat this as an issue between the chair and the keyboard. If this is the only problem I hit with Deco, overall we've been super satisfied with it.

Options