WiFi Agile Multiband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi Agile Multiband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi Agile Multiband
WiFi Agile Multiband
2024-03-13 15:13:16
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am considering purchasing this router.  I currently have AT&T Fiber service with an ASUS router network built up around the house.  My goal is to replace a GT-AXE16000 with this, and keep my GT-BE98 Pro upstairs.  The Deco BE95 would be centrally located downstairs next to the fiber gateway, which I am required to use.  As such I am hoping to use it in Access Point mode which I see, but am hoping WiFi Agile Multiband is a possible setting to enable?  (To be honest I'm very likely going to get the router anyways but I believe having WAM will help prevent clients sticking to one or the other).

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:WiFi Agile Multiband
2024-03-14 10:29:42

@jzchen The Deco mesh can coexist with the Asus mesh, but they will certainly not collaborate and will not work as a single mesh.

Options
Re:WiFi Agile Multiband
2024-03-14 11:12:55

@yves_b  Thank you for clarifying.  I do not expect them to Mesh but was hoping that WAM would be implemented per WiFi Alliance specs.  This would help overall mixed brand hardware network performance:

https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-agile-multiband

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 515

Replies: 2

Related Articles