WiFi 7 Range Extender product release dates?

2024-03-14 00:28:20

Just wondering when these products will be relased in the US. I just got the Archer BE550 (also BE9300? — why do these products all have two numbers that are similar?? it's very confusing), and it seems to work pretty well as long as you're close to it. Connectivity gets really weird on the other side of the house, which is not that big, maybe 2-3 walls and then things grind to a halt on my iPhone, even though it shows 2-3 out of 3 signal bars. 

Anyway, I just purchased an RE715X to try out via ethernet backhaul to the back of the house to see if that fixes the issues. But, I'm curious as none of the WiFi 7 extenders seem to be available yet, even though they were announced early last year. 

So, what's the status of the products like RE235BE which seems to be the WiFi 7 equivalent of what I just bought? And, the RE655BE, I guess. Or this one, which has its own page on your site but doesn't even exist on your Range Extenders page with a Coming Soon, and I've seen pages for 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/range-extender/re550be/

I would've bought one of these instead of a WiFi 6 extender for my WiFi 7 router just for future proofing, but can't find any information about release dates anywhere. 

thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi 7 Range Extender product release dates?
2024-03-28 20:53:46

@fastasleep 

This information can be provided only by a TP-Link representative.

Meanwhile, if you decide to wait for a Wi-Fi 7 RE, you can use this guide to position your router for optimal performance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-29 03:29:59
I spoke with a representative and they have zero information.
Options
2024-03-29 04:13:27

@fastasleep 

I would say there's no other option but to keep an eye on related official announcements in the community.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 133

Replies: 3

Related Articles