Random disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Random disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Random disconnects
Random disconnects
2024-03-17 23:58:24
Tags: #Router Connection Issues
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230219 rel.69802(5553)

I've owned the Archer AX21 router (still under two year warranty) for a little over a year now, and several months ago it started randomly disconnecting from the internet. All lights on the front panel are green lit and the outage affects not just the Wi-Fi but hardwired components as well. Rebooting the router will bring everything back up after about five minutes.

I can connect a network cable directly to the modem and everything works. Prior to getting fiber internet a few months ago the router was fed by a cable modem with no issues. It was several weeks afterwards that the disconnects started to occur, but I can't imagine how the the type of signal would freeze up the router.

On a recent live chat the tech advised me to change the DNS servers but that didn't resolve the issue, which can happen any time of day.

I plan to start a new chat in the next day but was curious if anyone else had similar issues and what the fix was. 

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 0

Tags

Router Connection Issues
Related Articles