Decco XE75 Pro not working with Frontier FIOS

2024-03-28 05:06:10
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I have had nothing but problems with the Decco mesh router since I purchased it last fall (2-pack).

The Decco is connected via Ethernet directly to the FIOS box from Frontier. 

TP-link has already replaced one of the units after troubleshooting, but the problems persist.

Here is my issue:

1. Whenever I make a change to the Decco settings and the Decco reboots it can no longer connect to the internet. The LED turns red and I have no internet. I have tried
    • to reboot the router and FIOS box in different orders, for different times
    • Cloned the MAC address from the Decco router (since it is the one registered with the service provider) to my desktop, I can access the internet
    • Cloned the MAC address from the Decco router to my old Archer C9 routher, I can access the internet
    • factory reset the Decco, still the same problem
  2. Today it was evern stranger: 
    • I tried to change the IoT network from 2.4GHz to 2.4 and 5 GHz
    • Tapped save in the app, a spinning cicle is show, decco reboots
    • Red LED. HOWEVER I can still connect to the interent on the 2.4GHz IoT network from my desktop computer
    • None of the other networks have an internt connection
    • The app still shows IoT network as 2.4GHz only
    • Tried changing the IoT network again to have 2.4GHz and 5GHz, this time the app does not freeze, but shows IoT as both 2.4 and 5 GHz
    • disconected and reconnected wifi on my desktop, ran speedtest, now 5GHz but speedtest only shows a download speed, then stops
    • Rebotted Decco network again
    • LED still red, but IoT network shows both upload and download speeds consitent with 5GHz, and connected to 5GHz
    • none of the other networks (standard and guest) have interent connection when conneted to
    • Rebooted FIOS access point
    • connected the Decco to old Archer C9, still red LED, even after rebooting
    • Howver, normal network has internet connection when connected
    • gest network no internet
    • IoT network no internet
    • Rebooted Decco again, this time the green light comes on briefly, then turns yellow and green a few times, then red
    • Reset Decco to factory settings, set it up again, no internet connection
    • Connected the old Archer C9 router, no problem Internet OK
    • Connected Decco via Archer C9, no internet

I am about to give up on these devices, simply too much troble to get them working, unless anybody has any smart ideas of what the problem could be.

Thanks, 

Andreas

Options