SKY Q and Deco mesh
SKY Q and Deco mesh
2024-04-02 06:17:56
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

Please may I ask for some assistance. 

I switched Broadband from SKY to Vodafone recently. I have hard wired the 2 mini boxes into the router via ethernet. Purchased a Deco E mesh system.

Attached one Deco mesh to the router via ethernet and turned off the WiFi from the Vodafone router.

The main Q box will connect to the WiFi from the mesh. But the 2 hardwired mini boxes are not reaching the activation servers to connect. 

They was working fine hard wired to the SKY router and the Main Q box on the WiFi with the SKY router.

I can only presume that the with the main Q connected to the Mesh is the concern?

Options
1 Reply
Re:SKY Q and Deco mesh
2024-04-02 17:28:39

Hey @jondavo,

We only really deal with US products and ISPs, so you may want to post to our global forums - as they may have more experience with your devices and ISP, and I am not sure what types of devices you 

Saying that I would hazard a guess that what you are running across is the fact that you are technically running two routers on your network, even if only one is now wireless. OR Based on normal networks, your satellites(depending on their function) would also need to be connected to the Deco Mesh, rather than the MainQ box.

Essentially your devices need to fall under the same router "umbrella" for the devices to be able to see each other. This means that devices connected through your Deco's wireless connection would NOT be able to see the devices that are hardwired into your Deco Router - which may be required to access the activation servers.

As i mentioned earlier, I would recommend reaching out to the team on our global forums here: https://community.tp-link.com/en

Options