When I tried to browse to my WAP, it timed out. FW Rules should allow access.

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-WA901N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 200703 Rel.33357n (5553)

When I try to browse to my WAP, it usually times out.  The IP Address is 10.1.1.4.  I also have a TL-SG105E with an IP Address of 10.1.1.3.  I'm able to get to the TL-SG105E just fine.  I mention that as some degree of confirmation that the FW rules should allow it.  The laptop I'm doing this from is in the VLAN10 (10.1.10.0/24) network.  The WAP and the TL-SG105E are both in the default LAN (10.1.1.0/24).

The FW rule for both the default LAN and VLAN10 are "Allow all" rules.  When I look in pfSense at the DHCP leases, it shows the WAP as DOWN.

I KNOW the WAP is working -- it is providing the network connection that the laptop I'm using to post this message.

This issue has happened several times over the last few days (prior to that I don't know as I hadn't needed to access it).  Each time it happens, I've had to reconnect my laptop to VLAN10 and have been able to access tbe WAP.

Options
2 Reply
Re:When I tried to browse to my WAP, it timed out. FW Rules should allow access.

I just realized there is a typo in my post:

Each time it happens, I've had to reconnect my laptop to VLAN10 VLAN1 and have been able to access tbe WAP.

Edit to add:  It seems like there is something in the firmware that only allows management from the same network as opposed to allowing it based on what the FW rules allow.

Options
Re:When I tried to browse to my WAP, it timed out. FW Rules should allow access.

@DonI49 

I believe this is by design - web management access to be allowed only from the management VLAN 1.

Here's a story which describes why Multi-VLAN mode APs may not work with different VLANs configuration.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options