Enable Wifi6E in mixed mesh network

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a mixed setup where the main Deco is an X50 POE and then 2 X75. They are all connected via ethernet.

I have noticed that with such configuration I am unable to set the Wifi Network 6E to be for network instead of just backhaul, and I suspect the reason is because the X50 does NOT support 6E. How can I still enable such feature for the other 2 decos?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Enable Wifi6E in mixed mesh network
2 weeks ago

@vncz 

Go through this FAQ to see why when mixing different Deco units in one network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski 

Is it possible to set any Deco as Main unit, even though it is not the one connected directly to the modem?

Options
2 weeks ago

@vncz 

When in router mode main Deco should be connected directly to the modem - details.

When using ethernet backhaul you can refer this FAQ and read through this thread.

If Deco is about to be used in AP mode you can refer this FAQ

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago
Is it really the only way? Unfortunately the cable layout does not allow to have the X75 to be connected directly to the modem. Would a switch in the middle be allowable?
Options
2 weeks ago

@vncz 

If the Deco is in router mode this could work but you should not connect to this switch anything else since that may cause a network loops.

One more thing - don't use a D-Link switch for that since they are know to cause issues if used with Deco.

Options