AXE5400 using static IP

AXE5400 using static IP

AXE5400 using static IP
AXE5400 using static IP
a week ago

I am trying to replace an ASUS router that uses a static IP to get to the Internet.   I have entered all of the static IP information and gateway, just as it is on the asus routeer into the AXE5400.  I have entered the LAN information the same way, as well as the wifi information.   When trying to connect, I get "Poor Internet Commection".

Also, I am not seeing my wifi ssids.  I can connect from a PC to the router to do the setup just fine.

What am I missing?

7714-73

Options
5 Reply
Re:AXE5400 using static IP
a week ago

@7714-7e 

Check your WAN port negotiation speed here:

71ee71372ba24bf58a2dcbba9d92b4a5

Scroll down to the bottom of this page:

74df691ff73e43228f28754a237668b2

Check if the negotiated speed is correct.,

Do you have any other modem/router before AXE75 like (any ISP device) ?

If you do, chnage the cable between these devices and test.

When there's "Poor network" status, the globe icon should show an exclamaintion mark on it:

2d94cc44af0246c4b0de288c5140549b

In any case if the router works properly you should be able to see at least its 2.4GHz SSID - make sure that for all wirelss bands channel is set to Auto.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski I am not with the router right now, but will check this evening.

Also, we do not use mesh.  Should I turn it off? 

We have 8 static IP.   The connections are:

Cable modem -> 8-port switch -> AXE5400.  This iis the same setup as was with the asus router.  The cable provider gives us 8 IP addresses.  Thus, we have 8 routers/Cameras, each with a different static IP.

7714-7e

Options
a week ago

@7714-7e 

If you don't use mesh, just turn it off.

I would connect AXE5400 directly to the ISP modem and test again to exclude any issue with the switch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski Will do.   Thanls  for the information.

7714-7e

Options
a week ago

I have tried different cables, and plugging directly into the cable modem.  same problem -poor internet.

So, I took the router to a different location, and use their static IP setup, and it worked the first time.

So, something is wrong at my site.  Either the cable modem has a problem, or they (COX) are doing something with mac addressees.

Anyway, thanks for your time and help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 5

Related Articles