Connecting Deco S4 to Verizon Fios

a week ago

Are there instructions anywhere on how to connect Deco S4 to Verizon Fios? I've searched everywhere and can't really find instructions anywhere. Thos boggles my mind how I can't find proper instructions on how to install this thing to my existing Verizon Fios system. I've had this thing for 2 weeks now and I'm close to returning it as I cant figure out how to install it. I don't want tips or advice. I'm in need of step by step installation instructions as TP Link doesn't offer any besides a small but thick user manual explaining what the different led colors mean in 100 different languages. If i can't find instructions here then I'm returning this. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Connecting Deco S4 to Verizon Fios
a week ago

@MikeyVortex After installing the Deco app on your smartphone, the app will guide you, step by step.

Options
a week ago

@yves_b no the instructions don't apply to fios because fios has no modem. I feel like tp-link should have instructions for customers who use Fios as popular as it's become. I've searched everywhere and it's mind boggling that nowhere on the entire internet there are no instructions on how to properly install a mesh system with Fios. 

Options
a week ago

@MikeyVortex What I understand:

• plug a ethernet cable between the main Deco and the Verizon ONT
Options
a week ago

@yves_b ok I disconnected the cable that went from the ONT to the WAN port on the router and rerouted it so it goes from ONT to LAN1 port on main Deco. I then connected cable from WAN port on router to LAN2 port on main Deco. It now has its working network but the old fios network is still there and still working fine. Is that supposed to be this way? Also I checked the network speeds around my other 2 Deco S4s placed around the house and I don't see much of a speed boost vs the original setup in those areas. Is there something I did wrong? And thank you for the prompt replies. 

Options
a week ago

@MikeyVortex You did not describe your original setup, and you did not explain why you are adding Deco in that setup, or replacing it with a Deco mesh.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 63

Replies: 5

Related Articles