Guest network internet from a single AP suddenly not working (w/proper VLAN setup)

Guest network internet from a single AP suddenly not working (w/proper VLAN setup)

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Tags: #Guest Network
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20240118 Rel. 43227

Hi, everyone. I have a network of 2 x BE95/BE33000 and 2 x X90/AX6600 with a mix of wireless bridging and wired 2.5G over MoCa adapters. I have a managed switch with VLAN ID 591 set-up on the correct ports. The wireless guest network used to work everywhere; recently, I've had problems in which the guest network from the single wired satellite allows connections (and the Deco app shows me that the device connected), but does not allow internet access.

I confirmed that VLAN w/ID 591 is set up on my TEG-7124WS smart switch for the two correct ports that connect to the main Deco and the satellite Deco. The satellite is connected to the switch via a pair of Screenbeam ECB7250 MoCa adapters, which according to the internet, passes VLAN.

One of the recent changes was upgrading 2 of the 4 APs from X90 to BE95. I upgraded by adding one BE95, setting it to Main, and then swapping the 2nd X90 to a BE95. But I can't be sure when the issue started happening and don't know whether the issue started as a result of the upgrade or not.

The network topology is below. The AP with the issue is "AP2". It's an X90 running firmware 1.2.6 Build 20231225 Rel. 33179 and is the one wired via MoCa.

My plan to debug is to move AP2 closer to the switch without the MoCa adapters in between to see if it's MoCa getting in the way, or whether it's more fundamental (like mixing AP models).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guest network internet from a single AP suddenly not working (w/proper VLAN setup)
2 weeks ago

@echeng 

That would be a good troubleshooting approach. If the MoCa adapters are not the culprit, you can reboot the AP2 and if the issue persists to swap AP1 and AP4 to eliminate models mixing.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 55

Replies: 1

Tags

Guest Network
Related Articles