Canon G7000 Series Connectivity

2024-05-06 16:59:59
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20231122 Rel. 40485

Since I have installed the New Deco Mesh system my Printer can not be found by everyone in the home, and I would need to restablish connection to the wifi everytime I want to use the printer. and when I want to connect to my printer VIA wifi to scan documents, The Cannon utility can not find the Printer either. Can anyone help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Canon G7000 Series Connectivity
2024-05-06 18:05:43

Hey @Peji,

Printers are always the bane of any network, especially wirelessly. First, what does your network look like? If there is an issue with your infrastructure such as wrong ports or multiuple routers, this behavior could be seen.

From the Deco App, I would turn off settings for the printer for Beamforming, Mesh Technology, and Fast Roaming. You may also consider temporarily disabling these on your entire network to see if the printer behaves differently. These features are the newer additions to Wi-Fi and can cause stability issues in older devices. Most of these features are also only used when your device is moving around your home.

I would also highly recommend configuring an IP reservation for the Printer in the Deco App, as this will help provide a consistent guaranteed pathway for your printer.

Options