TL-SG105E randomly losing connection, requiring power cycle

2024-05-06 22:21:40
Model: TL-SG105  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20230214 Rel.63440

I purchased a TL-SG105E back in October of 2022. It has been working pretty well, up until the past few months. It has suddenly started to completely drop its connection at random times. This problem has been gradually becoming worse, and now it is happening every few hours. Internet, LAN, and even devices connected to the same switch become totally unreachable until the switch is unplugged from power and plugged back in.

3 ports on the switch are being occupied - one is connected to my tiny Debian server box, the other is my main PC running Windows 11, and the other is the ethernet cable that runs outside of my room and into the back of our router. All configuration is default except for link speeds, which are all set to 1000MF instead of auto, since auto was causing some problems in the past, and all my cables are capable of at least 1Gbps.

I have tried making sure the firmware on the switch is up to date using the latest one I could find on the appropriate page for this device, as well as doing a factory reset from within the config UI - both of which have not helped the issue. This issue has become very severe and I need to try to solve it or else I may need to purchase a new switch. Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG105E randomly losing connection, requiring power cycle
2024-05-07 12:52:30

@turnthepage 

There's nothing much you can do about this issue except unplug the Debian server box to check if it causes any issues or changing the cables and check if there's any improvement. If the switch is under warranty contact your retailer, if not contact your local support to be advised on that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 1

Related Articles