Using Two AC750s to extend same network but with two different names

2024-05-11 11:19:15
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up 2 AC750s in relatively the same area, connecting to the same network, but advertise different SSIDs. When I program one, the app programs them both. Even when I unplug one, when I program the other and plug back in, they both have the same SSID.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using Two AC750s to extend same network but with two different names
2024-05-11 12:59:55

@BobV64 

That's quite strange. I'm using 2 RE220 but in different areas of the house and they work fine. The Tether App sees them as 2 different devices and they have two different SSIDs.

Options
Re:Using Two AC750s to extend same network but with two different names
2024-05-16 15:36:00 - last edited 2024-05-16 15:36:58

Hi @BobV64,

Each AC750 Wi-Fi Extender should be able to be individually set up via the Tapo app without issues. Please ensure that your Tapo app and the firmware of your Wi-Fi extenders are fully up to date. You can refer to our FAQ on updating your Wi-Fi extender firmware here.

If the symptom persists, we recommend unplugging one extender and resetting the other. Then, using the Tapo app or a web browser, set up the reset extender using your preferred configuration settings.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 2

Related Articles