Linking Problems with my TL-SG108 Switch

2024-06-21 03:07:11 - last edited 2024-06-21 03:09:37
Model: TL-SG108  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version:

I've connected my switch the other day, and it worked quite well with my Wi-fi router and Fiber Internet Router. However, when I tried to connect my computer to the switch thorugh an Ethernet connection, it couldn't make a connection to the Internet. Am I missing something with this setup? Is there a way for me to configure the switch so that both my computer and my Wi-fi router can connect to the Internet on the same switch?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Linking Problems with my TL-SG108 Switch
2024-06-22 08:55:30

@TWillus 

TL-SG108 is simple 8-port unmanaged switch - it's plug and play device:

a76ec8c498bd4395b1f0c00efc897dde

Check your cabling - use a different cable or a different port on the switch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Linking Problems with my TL-SG108 Switch
2024-07-25 05:25:43

@TWillus 

It sounds like you're experiencing a connectivity issue with your TL-SG108 switch. To ensure both your computer and Wi-Fi router can connect to the Internet through the switch, please follow these steps:

1. Check Connections: Ensure that the Ethernet cables are securely connected to both your computer and the TL-SG108 switch. Also, verify that the switch is properly connected to the Fiber Internet Router.
  2. Port Configuration: Make sure your Wi-Fi router is connected to one of the switch's ports and the Fiber Internet Router is connected to another port on the same switch.
  3. IP Address Conflicts: Ensure that there are no IP address conflicts. The devices connected to the switch should be set to obtain IP addresses automatically (via DHCP) unless you have assigned static IPs within the correct range.
  4. Network Settings: Verify that your computer’s network settings are configured correctly. It should be set to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically.
  5. Switch Reboot: Sometimes a simple reboot of the switch can resolve connectivity issues. Disconnect the power, wait for a few seconds, and then reconnect it.
  6. Check for Firmware Updates: Although you haven't mentioned the firmware version, check if there are any firmware updates available for the switch and apply them if needed.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 368

Replies: 2

Related Articles