Deco not forwarding ports

2024-06-24 19:24:58
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I've been banging my head against this new Deco trying to get my NAS to forward port 8096 for my media server. 

Recently moved to a new home with Xfinity's rental modem, put that in bridge mode and the Deco in Router mode. Set my NAS to a static IP and matched the subnet of the deco to what it was with the old router and Home so that I didn't have to re map everything in my docker containers. Everything in LAN works perfectly, all devices are accessing the NAS as expected. 

When I go to port forward the ip address of the NAS shows and there is no error, but the posts are STILL closed. Security tab on the app shows port forwarding is enabled. 

I am not double NAT, my public ip address and WAN are the same.

I would like to use these routers in router mode but may have to just stick them in AP mode and unbridge the xfinity modem if I can't get this figured out. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco not forwarding ports
2024-07-04 08:49:37

@thedeitz 

So you want to connect, from a device on Internet, to port 8096 of your NAS.

You configured, in the Deco app, NAT port forwarding, specifying the local IP address of the NAS, 8096 as internal and external port, and the relevant protocol.  And you can see in the Deco app that this is configured.

In which app do you have a security tab?

Where do you see that the ports are closed?

Options