I require the range extender to accept WPS2 only, is this possible to configure?

I require the range extender to accept WPS2 only, is this possible to configure?

a week ago
Tags: #WPA2
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.23 build 230418

I have a Tesla wall connector that will only connect to WPA2 only, my home wifi is enabled for WPA2/WPA3, and this causes it to fail.

If I change my my wifi to WPA2 only some of my devices refuse to connect as it not secure, thus I need the WI-FI extender to create a network that will connect to WPA2 only, so that I can use that for the Tesla wall connector. Is it possible with any of the TCP Link Extenders, and if so what versions and firmware? 
I do not see any options for it in the one I had purchased.

Options
3 Reply
Re:I require the range extender to accept WPS2 only, is this possible to configure?
a week ago

@grep73 

Range Extenders adopt the security of the main/host device.  You best option would be to either use a Range Extender in AP mode or enable Guest Network on your router and set the security to WPA2 only.  If you go the Range Extender router you do need to make sure its phyiscally connected to the router. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
Re:I require the range extender to accept WPS2 only, is this possible to configure?
a week ago

@Carl That worked, I have T-Mobile 5G Home Internet and didn't know that I could create a guest connection. But looked it up and it worked. 

Thank you

Options
a week ago

@grep73 

Awesome, glad to hear its working

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 52

Replies: 3

Tags

WPA2
Related Articles