XE75 v1.6 and v2.6 at the same network. How to update individually ?

Saturday - last edited Sunday
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 2023

My network had 3 Deco XE75 v1.6 with FW 1.4.0. 
I bought 2 Deco XE75 v2.6 and they have FW 1.2.8. The App shows all Decos are up to date but that is not true due the v2.6 has newer FW released. 

In my opinion it is checking the FW based on the v1.6 that is central. 

How can i update the new Decos XE75 individually ? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:XE75 v1.6 and v2.6 at the same network. How to update individually ?-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@terziyski thank you for answering. I had followed it and it didn't detect the need to update it. And when you force with the method 2 you cannot select which deco you will update. It would update all Decos in that network no matter version they are. So it would install firmware v2.6 into v1.6 and it could damage them. 

WORKAROUND : So i did the hard way by creating a separate network with the Decos XE75 v2.6 only and updated them using the method 2. See the steps:

1. I removed the new v2.6 decos XE75 from my network.

2. Connected a network cable at the Main Deco v1.6 and the other end ar v1.6. 

3. Created a second network by clicking on " + " " Create Network ". 

4. Added the second node v2.6. 

5. Verified the FW and it again couldn't detect the need to upgrade the FW. 
6. So then i followed the Method 2 of the link https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1599/

7. I downloaded the firmware 2024 into my phone. 
8. Unzipped the file.  

9. Selected the bin file and clicked to update. 

10. It updates all Deco in the second network. It didn't update the original network of v1.6. 

11. All v2.6 updated, i removed them from the second network and added them back into the original network. 

Now how is gonna be the future ?? Whenever a new firmware should i repeat the workaround ? 

I hope the TPLink engineers could respond it. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:XE75 v1.6 and v2.6 at the same network. How to update individually ?

@Andre78 

You can try using Method 2 from this guide for individual Deco FW update.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:XE75 v1.6 and v2.6 at the same network. How to update individually ?-Solution

@terziyski thank you for answering. I had followed it and it didn't detect the need to update it. And when you force with the method 2 you cannot select which deco you will update. It would update all Decos in that network no matter version they are. So it would install firmware v2.6 into v1.6 and it could damage them. 

WORKAROUND : So i did the hard way by creating a separate network with the Decos XE75 v2.6 only and updated them using the method 2. See the steps:

1. I removed the new v2.6 decos XE75 from my network.

2. Connected a network cable at the Main Deco v1.6 and the other end ar v1.6. 

3. Created a second network by clicking on " + " " Create Network ". 

4. Added the second node v2.6. 

5. Verified the FW and it again couldn't detect the need to upgrade the FW. 
6. So then i followed the Method 2 of the link https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1599/

7. I downloaded the firmware 2024 into my phone. 
8. Unzipped the file.  

9. Selected the bin file and clicked to update. 

10. It updates all Deco in the second network. It didn't update the original network of v1.6. 

11. All v2.6 updated, i removed them from the second network and added them back into the original network. 

Now how is gonna be the future ?? Whenever a new firmware should i repeat the workaround ? 

I hope the TPLink engineers could respond it. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 56

Replies: 2

Related Articles