Designing new home LAN

Designing new home LAN

Designing new home LAN
Designing new home LAN
Tuesday

Hello, this is my first post.

I am designing a LAN for my home. This is from the ground up. I have identified several devices where TP Link products can be used. The main LAN consists of four switches, three 5 ports and one 24 port. Additionally, I plan to add Deco AX3000 Mesh. I am posting my LAN diagram and ask for feedback whether such an implemention will work, or orientation on how to make it better. Thank you for your time! Salvador

Home LAN diagram

Options
4 Reply
Re:Designing new home LAN
Tuesday

@sgarciav 

The topology seems fine and it shoud work as expected - Deco AX3000 should be configured in AP mode to avoid double NAT in your LAN - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@terziyski  Thank you!

Would there be any WiFi performance degradation if I were to connect the Deco AX3000 to the switch (SG1024DE) instead of the router? Salvador

Options
Tuesday - last edited Thursday

@sgarciav 

It depends on your LAN traffic (i.e. what client devices you use) - you may not notice that but if all three Decos are connected to the TL-SG1024DE it would be the topology bottleneck since it has only 1 gbps ports. If the traffic is expected to be moderate then you could connect all Decos to the TL-SG1024DE.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Wednesday

@terziyski I expect traffic to be moderate. Accessing the network will be my wife and I. A few computers for Internet research, email, and YouTube. For entertainment, I have a TV and a Blu Ray Disc player. Streaming subscriptions.... Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and such. Maybe two phones.I may have a bunch of IoT devices though, using on the 2.4GHz frequency.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 47

Replies: 4

Related Articles