No Internet for Guest Wifi

2024-07-03 00:06:40
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20231229 Rel. 43148

Hey all!

I recently upgraded my wifi and was forced to update my router, so I updated to a Deco X55, and it's been great! I'm still occasionally finding new features.

However, my current issue stems from the guest network. For whatever reason, I cannot connect any devices to it and have them *actually work*. On my phone (an Android) it cycles infinitely, occasionally flashing "no internet" in between "connecting". On my laptop (Windows 10) it fully connects, but displays "No internet", but thankfully does not cycle like the Android. Curiously, I have a eufy Smart Doorbell connected to the guest network, and it works perfectly. (I only just found the IoT Network, which sounds like a blessing, haha. Another project for a different day lol)

An interesting point is that when I view the Deco App on said Android (main network) while the Laptop is connected (guest network), it shows the laptop as having 3 full bars for wifi, and just no upload/downloads happening. Attempts to ping google.com (my usual go-to) using cmd have failed.

Skimming here and some googling keeps leading me to a setting named "Isolate from Main network", which seems to only apply to AP mode, which I am NOT using. (I am using the Router mode). The only thing that I thought *might* be causing it was my pihole (a connected custom dns that is a network-wide ad-block, highly recommend) but again, the main network is working flawlessly, it'd be kind of weird for it to specifically break on specifically the guest network. (For context, I have it set up via More > Advanced > DHCP Server > Primary DNS, so it should be being applied to all devices regardless of Network choice)

Any potential solutions/direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Options