New x20 not extending existing m9+ network

2024-08-04 20:24:29
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I had a m9+ mesh network working well.  I bought 3 x20 to extend into our addition.  However, they are not providing better internet coverage.  A few details:

All the clients show as connected to the main hub (there is a note that maybe clients can't recognize the connected node).

The new nodes show poor signal, which is worse the further away from the main node it is. 

It looks like everything is just trying to connect to the main hub,  which is not what I want.  I wanted the two furthest nodes to connect to the other new node,  because it is closest to the main node.  Sort of like a daisy chain to get the network further in one direction. 

There is a setting labeled Signal Source for each node.  It is set to automatic.  If I set it to manual it looks like I can set it up like I want to (to connect through another node) but when I try to use that feature it says "failed to save your settings" and won't let me change it off auto. 

I have no ethernet back haul.  Just all wireless.  The main hub is a m9+. The new ones are all x20. All are located out in the open on a table in each room.  Can't I daisy chain from one to the other wirelessy? 

What can I do to make this work? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 82

Replies: 0

Related Articles