Blinking Green Light Upon Power On for TL-WA855RE V1

2024-08-07 00:25:09
Tags: #Problem
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I need help to understand the problem with my new devie TL-WA855RE V1.

I have recently bought TL-WA855RE V1 and when I fiirst time powered on the device, it simply keeps blinking the Green LED. I waited for more than 30 minutes to get it stable but it didn't.

I tried to connect to it using wifi but found no wifi being detected in my phone or laptop.

I tried to reset the device by pressing pin on Reset button but LED doesn't change, instead it keeps blinking Green.

Please note that this is V1 hardware with only one LED on the front face.

Please suggest next steps to debug the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Blinking Green Light Upon Power On for TL-WA855RE V1
2024-08-07 18:27:35

@VladPra 

The Blinking Green light means one of 2 things  

1.  Its WPS function is active

2.  The RE is initializing

Now the TL-WA855RE V1 is a very old device and is not the most recent version.  If you recently purchased it, was it bought as a used product?  If so it could be that your bought a product that was deffective.  If that is the case i would suggest returning to where it was purchased and purchasing one that new. the currenty version of this range extender is V5, but this model is end of life, so i would recommend looking at the RE105, which is the model that replaced the TL-WA855RE.  

Options
Re:Blinking Green Light Upon Power On for TL-WA855RE V1
2024-08-12 15:49:00

@Carl 

Thanks for your quick reply on this. Sorry, I was burried under other stuff but I tried all other ways to connect to device but no luck. Also, your observations seems correct the device might be faulty. So, I am going to buy a new and latest one now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 129

Replies: 2

Tags

Problem
Related Articles