No Internet, Secured

No Internet, Secured

No Internet, Secured
No Internet, Secured
3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I have tried everything I can find from TP-Link; Microsoft; other forums.  Nothing seems to work.

The only thing that works is removing the Network device and driver, then restart.

I then have to re establish all the passwords etc. and the conections works... but only for a while.  Then, it randomly loses the conection, and I have to unindtall and reinstall the network adapter and driver and start over.

TP-Link help Chat was useless.

The problem persists.

Options
7 Reply
Re:No Internet, Secured
3 weeks ago

@DennisRatcliffe 

Do you mean you have a Windows computer unable to stay connected to the Deco?

Is this a wifi or Ethernet connection?

Options
3 weeks ago

@DennisRatcliffe X55 V3?  Which country please?

Options
3 weeks ago

@DennisRatcliffe Wasted eight hours trying to get this thing working. You have an older PC? 2.5GHz PC running windows 10 home would not connect until I connected an ethernet cable from PC to the deco. Then the wifi would connect.

Then I found the wifi speed was in the 30Mb/sec range, sometimes up to 80Mb/sec. The laptop wifi wireless status shows the speed as 150Mb/sec. Wired speed is over 500Mb/sec.

Then the signal strength is mediocre. An ancient Aerial G has better range. Adding the second deco between the main and the PC shows no increase in signal with the PC connected through the second deco. Might as well throw it on the shelf for when the main goes out. The Roku Express4K would sit and spin uploading but start playing almost immediately with the ancient Aerial G.

Options
2 weeks ago
SOLVED! OK... I solved it! (Or so it seems.) The network has been stable for several days. Use the Deco app and Disable Beamforming. App-More-Advanced-Beamforming (Disabled)
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@jzchen 

X55 - yes

V3 - unsure

USA

SOLVED! OK... I solved it! (Or so it seems.) The network has been stable for several days. Use the Deco app and Disable Beamforming. App-More-Advanced-Beamforming (Disabled)

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@yves_b Wifi, not ethernet.

Options
2 weeks ago

@yves_b 

Yes windows, wifi, not ethernet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 191

Replies: 7

Related Articles