Ac750 connect to non smart tv

2 weeks ago
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a non smart tv with the following jack ports: (2) usb a , (4) hdmi. I've been casting my laptop to the screen using usb c to hdmi cable. 

I want to he able to project my laptop wirelessly. I happen to also own an ac750, I think there is way to connect my ac750 to the TV using the ethernet port from the ac750 and connecting to the TV using ethernet to hdmi.  And wirelessy project my laptop to tv via ac750. 

How can I make this work 

Our current router is a spectrum wifi 6 router. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Ac750 connect to non smart tv
2 weeks ago

@Eight1Eight 

I don't think you would be able to do that. HDMI on your TV is meant to transfer audio/video data, but not an ethernet frames.

If you want to turn your TV to a Smart TV there are Android TV sticks/boxes which could do that at a low price.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

Hi  @Eight1Eight 

Welcome to the community.

If your TV is not a "Smart TV", it is unlikely that it would support Casting features over network connections. I'd recommend contacting the TV manufacturer for confirmation, first.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Ryan 

I'm not 100 percent sure but I believe it can be done. I will explore other options once i am 100 percent sure it cannot be done. I already own an ac750. My days of buying things I dont need are over. 

Options
2 weeks ago
Oh and BTW, i am already casting via usb c to hdmi. Im just trying to do it wirelessly via ac750
Options
2 weeks ago
Oh and BTW, i am already casting via usb c to hdmi. Im just trying to do it wirelessly via ac750
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 5

Related Articles