Network Extender Not Connecting to 5g

a week ago
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just set up the RE315 to connect with my Verizon router.  2.4 ghz connects but when I look at the details for 5ghz it says it's 2.4.  The 5ghz light on the extender is not lit.  Not sure what I need to do.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Network Extender Not Connecting to 5g
a week ago

@Wort55 

Depending on how you configured the extender you likely need to go back and configure the 5GHz too.  For example, if you used WPS, you would need to run the process twice to connect each band.  This video may help

Options
a week ago

@Carl Hi & thanks.  I used the Tether app and I did select for 5g but the extender is not connecting to it.  Not sure what to do except maybe to figure out how to reset everything and start over.

Options
a week ago
Now I can't connect to the extender at all. The connection fails every time. This may have been a bad idea. I may need to just send this back.
Options
a week ago

@Wort55 

If you can share some screen shots, I would be happy to assist in troubleshooting this concern.   Forum troubleshooting isn't always ideal so I would also suggest checking out this video for the Tether App setup. If it does not work you may want to reach out to support video a phone call, if you are in the US that would be 866-225-8139, and they can walk you through the process. 

Options