Deco app reports X50-PoE has no internet connection

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X50-PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20231225 Rel. 54181

First, my x50-PoE based mesh is in AP mode, and thus they should not require or use internet access. I only thing I require of them in AP mode is to be managed by the app while I'm connected to the LAN, or VPN into the LAN. I've set my router to ignore their out WAN directed traffic since I don't want APs doing more than working together for the mesh in the house and connecting approved devices to the LAN. But now in the app there is a warning about it not being connected to the internet. The device does not need to directly check for firmware updates and if the app reports firmware updates to me, I can temp disable the ignore rule in the router to allow the Decos internet access for direct firmware download, though I would prefer to just download the BIN to my desktop and flash via the web interface on each device. In the app in the AP mode overview it clearly states that fucntions including "Connection Alerts" are not supported, but yet it's running the code and alerting to no internet.

Is there an option to disable the internet connection check, I already have other systems to notify me of internet connection drops, I don't need the AP doing it too.

As for the hardware version, I didn't see it looking on the bottom or I overlooked it, eyes are not as sharp as they were. But I will note, while most of my prepurchase research showed the ethernet connections being 1Gbps & 2.5Gbps, mine all appear to have 2.5Gbps on both ports.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco app reports X50-PoE has no internet connection
a week ago

I will add, that while in AP mode, if it's wanting to validiate any connection(s), it should just be checking the Gateway and/or the DHCP address(es) since those are the resources devices connected to the Deco mesh would need to function as expected.

Internet connection is not the Deco's responsability when in AP mode, so I should have the option, I really think AP mode should default to it, of not confirming internet connection. I should not have to deal with red lights on my devices and notifications in the app about an internet connection a device that should not require.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 69

Replies: 1

Related Articles