Network switch not connecting after Deco restart

a week ago
Model: Deco BE11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20240724 Rel12326

Every time that my Deco reboots either after a firmware update or a power outage, my network switch does not connect. All of my wifi enabled devices connect, but not the switch. The switch is a Netgear GS308 connected with a Cat6 cable. 

Once I realize those devices are not connected I have to power down and unplug the switch and wait a few minutes before reconnecting. 

Could this maybe be resolved by assigning a static IP to the switch? I would think that the switch being connected via cable would pick up the new IP before all of the WiFi devices. 

Coild this be resolved if I used a 2.5gb switch? Also would that eliminate the WAN port error message I get from the Deco?

Never had an issue with my old netgear router after reboots or updates. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Network switch not connecting after Deco restart
a week ago

@Libertesa 

Please ensure that you have your Deco and switch configured using either Option #1 or Option #2 as outlined in the article below:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1794/

If you currently have it set up as Option #3, kindly switch to either Option #1 or Option #2.

Additionally, please refer to Question #3 in the article, which provides a list of switches compatible with Deco devices and Ethernet backhaul.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
a week ago

@Libertesa 

What WAN port error message do you get?

Does your switch really need an IP address?  I assume you mean that the devices cabled into the switch do not work well after the Deco rebooted.

What is the actual issue?  Can you not access Internet from the devices connected to the switch?  If one of those devices runs WIndows, could you share the responses to "ipconfig/all" when it does not work and when it works?

Options
a week ago

@yves_b 

The WAN port error seems to have resolved, but I believe the error was the abnormal speed error, which I believe I read in another thread was an issue related to dropping down in speed from a 2.5 port on the Deco to a 1gb port on another device.

After the Deco has rebooted after a power outage or a firmware update the devices connected via ethernet to the switch do not show up on the netword map in the Deco app and they cannot access the internet. The connected devices are an apple tv, AV receiver, and Lutron hub so, I cannot run diagnostics. After resetting the switch and changing which port the switch is connected to on the main Deco, the devices reconnect and access the internet.

Additionally, I have another switch running off a satelite Deco in another area of my home. The devices connected to that switch after the reboots connect with no issues.

Options
a week ago

@HelpFixDecoApp 

I am using wireless backhaul for the satellite Decos not ethernet backhual.

The switch is conncected to the main Deco. The switch is there to connect a few devices that need or I prefer to have an ethernet connection for them.

Options
a week ago

@Libertesa 

devices connected via ethernet to the switch

1. do not show up on the network map in the Deco app 
  2. cannot access the internet

The Apple TV does not show any info about its IP address and if it feels connected to Internet?  Could it be that it abandonned retrying connecting to Internet?

I would try determining what is actually needed to restore the connection: disconnecting the switch from the Deco, disconnecting the device from the switch, or restarting the switch?

I assume you have no "smart" device acting as DHCP server while the Deco is unavailable.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 105

Replies: 5

Related Articles