1 computer kicks Archer C7 v3 offline repeatedly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-18 22:06:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My roommates and I are using an Archer C7 v3, and their Macs play nicely with the router. My PC, on the other hand, kicks the router offline repeatedly (anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours after I connect to the internet; often within 10-30 minutes). I've tried updating the firmware (it's currently on 3.14.3 Build 150508 Rel.42275n) and changing the channel from Auto to specific channels, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. This has been going on for months (since we first got the Archer C7, my computer was fine with the really old router we had before and on other wireless networks, so I don't think the problem is the computer-related) and I'm getting pretty sick of it. Is there any way to make the Archer C7 work properly, or is it time to just get a router from another company?
Options
4 Reply
Re:1 computer kicks Archer C7 v3 offline repeatedly
2016-11-20 00:03:31
When you upgraded the firmware did you hard reset the router back to Factory defaults and reload your settings from scratch not using any backup file?
Options
2016-11-20 23:28:31
After updating the firmware I manually reset all the settings from scratch.
Options
2017-02-13 22:36:37
For people with a similar problem, it looks like tp-link is finally addressing the issue, see here: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?94180-Archer-C7-router-crashed-by-Dell-laptop-with-Killer-adapter
Options
2017-02-15 14:48:09

myTP-LINKusername wrote

For people with a similar problem, it looks like tp-link is finally addressing the issue, see here: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?94180-Archer-C7-router-crashed-by-Dell-laptop-with-Killer-adapter

If your PC has a network adapter of Killer or QCA61x4, then please follow the solution on the other thread and install the beta firmware for Archer C7 V3.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 4

Related Articles