Xbox One Netflix error nw-2-5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Xbox One Netflix error nw-2-5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Xbox One Netflix error nw-2-5
2016-12-31 22:53:36
Submitting a ticking on CR700 crashing when opening the Port Forward page, TP-Link suggested that I turn on my guest network and connect the Xbox One to that. This worked for me.
Options
2016-12-31 23:42:08
Thanks! As a workaround, it worked. But, going from a wired connection to a wireless connection seems to be a crazy "solution". I hope they come up with a real fix soon. Can anyone explain why this works? I don't get it.

Cstanek wrote

Submitting a ticking on CR700 crashing when opening the Port Forward page, TP-Link suggested that I turn on my guest network and connect the Xbox One to that. This worked for me.
Options
2017-01-03 05:55:06
The guest network workaround did not work for me. I returned the TP-LINK cable modem and purchased a Netgear C6300 instead. I have the Netgear installed now and Netflix works fine. Some quick comparisons for other features (download speed, connectivity in the basement, etc.) and everything else seems comparable between the TP-LINK and the Netgear. So, I have closed my support case and I am happily moving on.

FYI - this is the replacement I used: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J65WQHU/

- Jeff
Options
2017-03-16 08:26:42

SteppingStone01 wrote

Thanks! As a workaround, it worked. But, going from a wired connection to a wireless connection seems to be a crazy "solution". I hope they come up with a real fix soon. Can anyone explain why this works? I don't get it.

this worked for me also.. I agree it is a BAD solution as my wireless signal sucks where my xbox one is in the house and i cannot move the modem closer... they need to fix this problem SOON.
Options
2017-03-16 09:47:18

bdhamm wrote

this worked for me also.. I agree it is a BAD solution as my wireless signal sucks where my xbox one is in the house and i cannot move the modem closer... they need to fix this problem SOON.
As far as I can tell, they haven't even acknowledged the problem yet.
Options
2017-04-04 22:08:28
Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product and sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Options
got a reply, but it doesn't help at all.......
2017-04-08 05:33:40
Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.

We have already released an official firmware for this issue.
However , the cable modem is a little special. We need to send this firmware to the internet service provides at first. After they test it and make sure that is working fine with their server. They will update it for you on their side.

We are not sure the exact time when they will finish the test and update it for you.
You can also try to contact your internet service provider for detailed information.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, and have a nice day.
Options
Same
2017-04-15 15:12:07
It's been 4 months since this problem started, how long does it take for an ISP to clear the firmware?
Options
2017-04-16 20:24:09
Sssoooo... no way of knowing when my ISP does push the update beyond me periodically checking ???
Options
2017-04-18 00:30:49
I have to push on this issue also. It is becoming ridiculous. TWC is not cooperating. They will not tell me what the latest approved firmware version is so that I may compare it against what I currently have. They will not acknowledge whether or not they are even testing a firmware update. I am getting zero support on the ISP side.

Also, can someone at TP-Link please confirm if a firmware fix has also been issued for the TC-W7960? So far I only see discussion of the AC1750 .
Options
Related Articles