Deco M5 with Xbox One

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 with Xbox One

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 with Xbox One
Deco M5 with Xbox One
2018-07-09 05:20:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I want to limit access to the internet from the Xbox One. My son has lost his Xbox privileges for a couple days. I go downstairs and he is playing ONLINE. The Internet is completely paused for that device. The Xbox has its own profile, I paused it this morning around 8:00 AM and I know he was not using it. It is obviously still on because he is playing Fortnight which is an online only game. What else do I need to do to keep it off the internet? Don't worry I am parenting him as well, but it obviously shouldn't have access with that Xbox profile's internet paused.

Thanks for the help
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 with Xbox One
2018-07-09 14:17:08
does it happen recently or it never be blocked successfully?

Have you tried adding Fortnight domain name under APP/Website? try this..
Options
2018-07-09 22:09:26
I assume you mean in his profile? This would probably work, but it doesn't work with the time restrictions I have set up for that profile. Meaning if he has to stop at 9:00 pm, I have to go into the app and block it a 9:00 which is kind of the whole point of DECO is keeping track of the time used. I did figure out that blacklisting the Xbox device does shut down internet immediately, which is helpful but again, not using the time restrictions for that profile. within their bedtime or the amount of screen time used. Thanks though!
Options
2018-07-10 15:18:23
Why you still need to open app and stop at 9:00pm?

Can't bedtime make it?

for example, we can set at 9:00pm to XX:00am ...under bedtime

Or you don't need to forbid that at the same time every day.
Options
2018-07-11 01:19:41
He cannot start playing Xbox after 9, but if he starts playing at 8:59, he can play all night.
Options
2018-07-11 11:38:21
sounds strange..

better to email tp-link support directly with your issue and look forward to your share about the result.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2069

Replies: 5

Related Articles