Archer C8 Flashing USB light and USB drive hardly ever available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-10 13:38:49
Model : Archer C8

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Archer_C8_V1_150518_US

Need some help with my Archer C8. I've just decided to share a USB 2.0 drive. I plug the drive into the USB 3.0 port (I've tried with the 2.0 port as well) and the USB light blinks really fast. I scan over and over and it never finds the drive. Then suddenly it will show up. I share it locally, and can connect to it from my Mac but only briefly before it disconnects.

Side question. Does anyone know the power output of the 2 USB ports? I'd like to power a Raspberry Pi Zero from one of them. This is unrelated to the drive connectivity.

I have upgraded the firmware to the most current.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C8 Flashing USB light and USB drive hardly ever available
2016-12-10 14:36:01

ben8jam wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Need some help with my Archer C8. I've just decided to share a USB 2.0 drive. I plug the drive into the USB 3.0 port (I've tried with the 2.0 port as well) and the USB light blinks really fast. I scan over and over and it never finds the drive. Then suddenly it will show up. I share it locally, and can connect to it from my Mac but only briefly before it disconnects.

Side question. Does anyone know the power output of the 2 USB ports? I'd like to power a Raspberry Pi Zero from one of them. This is unrelated to the drive connectivity.

I have upgraded the firmware to the most current.

Hello
what's the file system of your drive? You can try to backup the content in your drive at first, and then format the drive with another file system such as NTFS or FAT32. maybe it will make a difference I think.
As for the output, I don't know either. tplink itself also don't advertise that the USB ports support any kind of USB devices. So it's recommended to adopt the bundled power adapter.
Options
2016-12-10 22:53:55

Shield101 wrote

Hello
what's the file system of your drive?

Already FAT32

The drive connects maybe 1 in 20 times. And I can access it from my mac only briefly before it disconnects.
Options
2016-12-11 00:48:47

Shield101 wrote

Hello, what's the file system of your drive?

It is already FAT32. The router shows it in the Devices section maybe 1 out of 20 times. And when it does show, my mac can connect and browse, but quickly the connection is lost.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 992

Replies: 3