TL-PS110P behavior strange compared to TL-PS110U on one aspect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-15 10:03:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have noticed when I try to access the TL-PS110P print server as a network resource (i.e. \\1P_PRINTSERVDCF) and expect a folder to open showing 'lp1' that it refuses to open and gives the following error:

\\1P_PRINTSERVDCF is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

Conversely,when I try to access TL-PS110U the exact same way, the folder opens, 'lp1' is there, and you can add the printer using that method (it prompts for the driver).

Curiously though, other methods work to allow the printer attached to TL-PS110P to be found, just not that method.

Can you tell me why 'lp1' does not show? I never once saw firmware update for TL-PS110P (you have them for TL-PS110U). Is there one that was developed for TL-PS110P but not published on the site for the public to download?
Options