C50 media server showing stale shares/directories

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-16 21:34:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 0.8.0 0.1 v005c.1 Build 151109 Rel.62480n

ISP :

I initially setup my C50 with media server enabled and "share all" set. The media players could only see my first two directories which appeared to be alphabetical. After reading some forum posts and the users manual indicating that the media server was limited to 3000 files, I changed my sharing to be directory specific and only enabled media server on shares that have music/pictures/videos. Unfortunately, I can't get the C50 to update the information - the media players still only see the original two directories, I've tried removing/adding back the USB drive, moving my media to the first alphabetical directory, clearing and reentering my shares, I might try factoring reset and restore of my entire config next. This is consistent across several media players. The C50 doesn't offer any option to rescan the media shares specifically ,so I can only assume it updates itself periodically to pick up changes but its behavior makes me very skeptical -

Any ideas?
Options
1 Reply
Re:C50 media server showing stale shares/directories
2016-12-19 23:06:16
For whatever reason - one more reboot finally fixed the problem. Although the media server itself is an incredible disappointment. It was one of the reasons I bought this router and it is essentially useless with its 3000 file limit and really poor presentation of music - i.e. doesn't present "all artist" type selections - Raspberry PI with miniDLNA is far superior but essentially costs another $40 plus media.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 508

Replies: 1