Archer C7 (V2) - Uploads Crash the Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-19 12:53:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just got this router, and I don't upload much of anything typically, so I didn't notice until recently. Anyway, here's the situation:

I can reliably crash my router by saturating the upload bandwidth for ~3 minutes. Sometimes it crashes right away, but it usually won't last past 5. I'm uploading Christmas pictures to the web so I can share them with family. I have a set of about 50 pictures, 50 MB in total, that I'm trying to upload. It'll get through some pictures then crash. I'm using the 2.4GHz band. The crash affects the whole router, but that doesn't show by the lights on the router. The 2.4GHz light is frozen, but LAN lights, 5GHz band, and internet connection lights keep blinking. The router doesn't respond to pings. I have to power cycle it to bring it back to life.

I haven't really changed any settings since I turned it on. I've set SSIDs and made passwords, tried turning off the firewall temporarily in case that was a problem (didn't change a thing). Any ideas on what to try next or do I just have a dud?

Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 (V2) - Uploads Crash the Router
2016-12-19 16:07:51
Try to upgrade the firmware
Options
2016-12-20 04:18:22

adan123 wrote

Try to upgrade the firmware

I'm already on 3.15.1, which is the latest version and build recommended here http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/Archer-C7_V2.html#Firmware. Any other ideas? I've factory reset my settings and done quick setup, nothing advanced. Router still crashes the same.
Options
2016-12-20 18:42:49
Hi,

If a hard reset with the back button can't solve your problem, I suggest you to open a ticket to the TP-Link support.

This is probably a firmware bug or a hardware malfunction.
Options
2016-12-26 15:23:30
One thing I would try that will help to isolate the issue--try the upload when directly hardwired to the router. If it doesn't crash the router, then it has to do with the wifi part of the router vs the core of it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 868

Replies: 4

Related Articles