C1900 configured as AP but has one issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-21 12:45:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So far, my C1900 seems to be working on my Google Fiber Network as an AP and it is listed in the device table as a wired device. However, one of the MAC addresses keeps connecting/disconnecting as an anonymous wired device. If I remove it from the device table, it comes back a couple of hours later. It never reports an IP and I have no management capability for it. What is going on?
Options
2 Reply
Re:C1900 configured as AP but has one issue
2016-12-21 19:24:00
Hi,

Have you get any powerline adapters at home? We got similar feedbacks before and finally find it a powerline adapter.
In addition, please check the MAC address of devices connected to Archer C1900's LAN ports, and compare them to the wired list of your front-end modem.
Or you can just open the command box (cmd) of Windows OS by press Windows & R keys at the same time. Then type in ' arp -a ' and press Enter for a check.
Hope it will help.
Options
Re:C1900 configured as AP but has one issue
2016-12-23 03:49:59

tplink wrote

Hi,

Have you get any powerline adapters at home? We got similar feedbacks before and finally find it a powerline adapter.
In addition, please check the MAC address of devices connected to Archer C1900's LAN ports, and compare them to the wired list of your front-end modem.
Or you can just open the command box (cmd) of Windows OS by press Windows & R keys at the same time. Then type in ' arp -a ' and press Enter for a check.
Hope it will help.

No powerline adapters... yes, found the MAC was on the TP-Link C1900. Apparently it has two MACs. I will attempt to resolve this issue as best I can. If I can't I will return here for more help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 2

Related Articles