Archer C7 - Traffic Statistics counters roll over at 4GB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-23 10:56:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

In the Status page, there is a Traffic Statistics section which counts total traffic in/out of the WAN. While attempting to measure my total household bandwidth, I found that these counters will roll over once they reach 4GB of traffic counted. Given that many normal households will use 4GB of traffic in under a day, this means the Traffic Statistics feature is broken. I have watched this rollover happen in real-time.

I suspect the same incorrect behavior happens in the Statistics page under System Tools. I have not verified a rollover there, but there are no entries with values larger than 4GB.

I'm 99.9% certain that the root cause is that the router firmware uses an unsigned-32-bit value to count traffic byes, rather than an unsigned-64-bit value. Should be an EXTREMELY simple software change. Please fix!! If this were an open source project I'd do it myself. :)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - Traffic Statistics counters roll over at 4GB
2016-12-26 15:16:20
I bought a C3150V2 and this one is bigger than 4GB, maybe it's related to their price and production date?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 859

Replies: 1