TL-WDR4300: 2.4GHz band repeated signal failure, but 5GHz band just fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WDR4300: 2.4GHz band repeated signal failure, but 5GHz band just fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:TL-WDR4300: 2.4GHz band repeated signal failure, but 5GHz band just fine
2018-02-10 02:11:24
Same problem, at 2.4ghz, the connection is super slow, even to slow for a wireless scan of documents, loses connection repeatedly, impossible to work with, even my old Linksys does this better,
The 5GHZ seems to be working fine though.
Could the problem be with the antennas ?
Options
2018-02-20 02:11:16

Marco1970 wrote

Same problem, at 2.4ghz, the connection is super slow, even to slow for a wireless scan of documents, loses connection repeatedly, impossible to work with, even my old Linksys does this better,
The 5GHZ seems to be working fine though.
Could the problem be with the antennas ?

Hey Marco...if you're having the same symptoms as I did, then you have a defective device. I already went through weeks of troubleshooting with TP-Link and they're techs were unable to fix the issue. If it's within 3 years of purchase, you can get it replaced under warranty, but you'll still have to go through all the diagnosis steps with the tech support to prove it.
Options
2018-02-23 00:11:15

Culdee wrote

Hey Marco...if you're having the same symptoms as I did, then you have a defective device. I already went through weeks of troubleshooting with TP-Link and they're techs were unable to fix the issue. If it's within 3 years of purchase, you can get it replaced under warranty, but you'll still have to go through all the diagnosis steps with the tech support to prove it.

I'm pretty sure it's out of warranty, since i'm sure i had it for longer then 3 years.
It's only lately that it became so slow and instable.
I know it's not the antennas, since i ordered and tried the 9dbi antennas on it, so that theory is out the door.
Unless i can find a way to fix the problem, so is the router.
I allready replaced it with the AC1750, the Archer C7, V2, for wireless MAC filtering.
So far, it works great for a used router.
Not so happy with the AC1200, Archer C5, v1, also a used router, which i can't login to nor won't simply reset.
So now i'm trying to work out how to flash it in failsafe mode, so i got a used backup, if it works, in case i really can't get the N750 to work properly again.
Options
2018-02-23 18:26:05
I know this is main issue but tp link is a good company.
Options
2018-02-24 02:26:28

Marco1970 wrote

I'm pretty sure it's out of warranty, since i'm sure i had it for longer then 3 years.
It's only lately that it became so slow and instable.
I know it's not the antennas, since i ordered and tried the 9dbi antennas on it, so that theory is out the door.
Unless i can find a way to fix the problem, so is the router.
I allready replaced it with the AC1750, the Archer C7, V2, for wireless MAC filtering.
So far, it works great for a used router.
Not so happy with the AC1200, Archer C5, v1, also a used router, which i can't login to nor won't simply reset.
So now i'm trying to work out how to flash it in failsafe mode, so i got a used backup, if it works, in case i really can't get the N750 to work properly again.

Sure, give it a try. I already tried all of those advanced restoration modes, flashing, installing old firmware, factory reset, etc...nothing worked. Hopefully you might have better luck than I. In any case, the N750 is a fundamentally flawed model.
Options
2018-02-26 23:33:04
I had trouble with my Archer c5400 losing the 2.8 Gz signal. My Ring doorbell and my thermostats kept dropping off the network, or the Ring video was stuttering. I finally turned off "Auto" channel and chose a channel less frequented. I used WifiInfoView , to look at channel assignments, to help me pick the best channel. I also changed the width to 40 mhz. Since I've done this, 2 weeks ago, no more problems. I think the algorithm that chooses the channel is either inaccurate or the devices lose signal when it Auto changes to a different channel?
Options
2019-06-21 18:24:25

I have the same issue, even using OpenWRT firmware. 

The issue is more likely to happen when I have a webserver running on a device connected though 2.4Ghz band, or when using P2P clients.

I will try to set a channel instead of "auto" to see if that solves the problem...

Options
2019-12-13 19:21:25

the condition began after about 4-5 years of use.

I turned on and off Hardware NAT.
I was restoring factory settings.
I downloaded the latest firmware.

Nothing helped, it was enough to copy the data over a 2.4Ghz wifi local network and after some time the router was blowing out the network, i.e. the network as an access point on 2.4Ghz was and could be connected to it but there was no internet or local network, and the message was DNS something

So far, instead of "Auto" I set the channel width to 40Mhz and somehow works. Local speeds reach from 20MB/s to less than 1MB/s until they eventually range within 355KB/s but the network does not crash.

And the internet speed reaches 100/10 Mb/s

Options
Related Articles