VPN router behind Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-26 15:30:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm looking at the Archer C7 for a specific use case. I want to place a Netgear FVS318N VPN router in the DMZ of the Archer C7 and have site to site IPsec tunnels from the Netgear to other sites. I've been able to do this in the past by placing the Netgear in various other brands of routers' DMZ, but I know some brands also didn't fully support it (specifically timing out on phase 2 of the IPsec connection). I also noticed that it might be possible to use the IPTV bridge feature to simply have the Netgear bridge to the Archer wan interface directly (like an IPTV would) and it might work that way as well.

Any feedback and thoughts welcome. Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear or you would like more information.
Options
1 Reply
Re:VPN router behind Archer C7
2016-12-27 14:22:05
Hi

I think Archer C7 can do that.
Even if the DMZ doesn't take effect, you can also use the bridge feature which seems like to connect the VPN router directly to the WAN side of the router.
And C7 has this feature under Network -> IPTV -> Bridge Mode.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 1