Connection issue between AC 1900 (Archer C9) and Belkin surf and Share USB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-27 09:45:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My wife and I were both using Belkin Surf and Share USB wireless access connections with a Linksys E2500 until recently. I got Windows 10 earlier in the year, and The Surf and Share was not supported. I was able to connect by ethernet cable directly to the router, but my wife is still using the Belkin USB to access the internet.

I received an Archer C9 (AC 1900) Gigabit router for Christmas. Love the router so far after a struggle to get it to see my internet connection. I really should have followed the instructions better. I thought I knew more than I did, Of course my problem is after much struggle to get a connection. I can not get the Belkin Surf and Share on my wife's desktop (in another room) to connect. The system sees the network, but I keep getting a could not connect message. The signal strength is five bars as the router is in an adjacent room.

Networking is not a strength of mine so I was wondering to myself if the issue is probably just with the Belkin, and could be fixed with a newer access card of USB device. I kind of doubt anyone else was still using these with the newer routers, but it hopefully does not hurt to ask.

Thanks for your time

Don Malone
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 0

Related Articles