Brand New Archer C7 Install problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-27 11:46:48
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : Default

ISP : Time Warner Cable

Any help would be much appreciated. I am completely in over my head, I apologize for my ignorance. I previously had an Arris DG860a modem that my ISP provided when I signed up for service. I got the Doc sis 3.0 cable modem and Archer C7 for Christmas in hopes of upgrading my internet for gaming. Here-> https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Archer-AC1750-Wireless-Gigabit/dp/B01DDXNH2S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482809440&sr=8-2&keywords=archer+c7+ac1750. I called my ISP and got my modem connected to the internet. I've set up the router using the install CD, as well as using the guides on the router home page, but so far my WiFi will not work. The only internet access I have is by plugging my ethernet cable directly into the router. I've been at this for two days. I've reset them both 20 times. I have a dynamic WAN connection. I had WiFi initially for about an hour when I first hooked up everything. But then it stopped.So far all the lights are blinking on the router except the power. The system flashing, both the 2.4 and 5 g, and the internet on is flashing. Again, any help or links to these questions in the forums would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays and Happy new year!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Brand New Archer C7 Install problems
2016-12-27 13:42:33
Hi,
" [COLOR=#333333]I had WiFi initially for about an hour when I first hooked up everything. But then it stopped.So far all the lights are blinking on the router except the power."
1. The power light must be solid on all the time, right?
2. As for the wifi, may I know which band do you use? 2.4GHz band or 5GHz band? And when the wifi crashed, could you see this two WiFi name on your devices?
3. When the wifi crashed, will a reboot fix it?
4. Please tell me model No. of the wifi adapter of your computer. Maybe it's related to it.
Options
2016-12-28 01:44:28

tplink wrote

Hi, " [COLOR=#333333]I had WiFi initially for about an hour when I first hooked up everything. But then it stopped.So far all the lights are blinking on the router except the power."1. The power light must be solid on all the time, right?2. As for the wifi, may I know which band do you use? 2.4GHz band or 5GHz band? And when the wifi crashed, could you see this two WiFi name on your devices?3. When the wifi crashed, will a reboot fix it?4. Please tell me model No. of the wifi adapter of your computer. Maybe it's related to it.
1. Yes it's solid. 2. So, last night my Xbox one would use the 5band wirelessly after a reboot. This morning that band isn't letting me connect. So i tried using the 2.4 band, and was able to get online. I do see two wifi names on my devices. I am currently able to get online, but there are still two versions of my wifi. 3. It appears so, but only for a short while. 4. The wifi adapter is Qualcomm atheros ar9285 802.11bgnQuick note. I was naming my network in the setup, and it would ask me to name it again, and i would give it the same name and password. I think i was naming two networks the same and with the same password. But i still am only working on the 2.4 now.
Options
2016-12-28 02:12:17
1. Yes the light is on and solid. 2. Both are on and show up on my Xbox one. This morning I used the five until it stopped working then I used the 2.4 which is still working at the moment. I was confused and was labeling both bands with the same name and password before. After the reboot they have different names and I can use one for a little while but then I have to switch over to the other one.3. So far a reboot will fix it for a little while.4. Qualcomm atheros ar9285 802.11 bgn wifi adapter on my cpu. It's old.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 966

Replies: 3