ac5400 Access Control Whitelist blocking wired devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-28 04:30:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an AC5400 router Ver 1 Firmware 28112016. I am using Access Control Security with a whitelist (MAC Layer security). On my old router (TL-WR1043ND), the MAC layer security only applied to wireless devices, not devices that were hardwired to the home network. On the AC5400, some of the hardwired devices also have to be entered into the Access Control Whitelist to enable them to browse the network and Internet. Because it only happens to some of the hardwired devices and all of the wireless devices, it seems like a bug. Perhaps there needs to be a setting in Access Control Whitelist (Apply to wired and wireless devices | Apply only to wireless devices).

Also, once the whitelist is established, for many of the wired devices there are two entries in the table for each MAC address. One shows the Device Name as UNKNOWN and the other show the device name that I entered. If I delete the UNKNOWN entry it returns automatically.
Options
1 Reply
Re:ac5400 Access Control Whitelist blocking wired devices
2016-12-29 02:26:46
I just joined these forums for similar problems with white listing that you are describing.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 932

Replies: 1

Related Articles